Mr Simon Newman
PhD, FRCS(Tr&Orth), BM, BSc(Hons)
Consultant Orthopaedic Hip Surgeon
Simon is a Consultant Hip Surgeon practising at the world-renowned Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford, King Edward VIIs Hospital and The London Clinic. He has a particular interest in the hip joint and has developed a large practise treating hip problems in adults of all ages. His philosophy is to achieve the best possible outcomes for patients which involves engaging patients in the decision-making process about their treatment and utilising non-operative techniques, where possible. Should any surgery be required, Simon performs any procedure with care, planning and precision.
Hip and knee arthritis, Sports hip injuries, Femoroacetabular impingement surgery, Hip arthroscopy, Hip dysplasia surgery, Minimally invasive hip replacement, Revision hip replacement, Hip and knee injection, Total and partial knee replacement.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Hip and Knee Surgeon at the specialist orthopaedic hospital in Oxford (Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre).
- Performs in excess of 200 hip and knee replacements each year.
- High volume young adult/sports hip practice.
- Specialist interest in minimally invasive partial knee replacement, including completion of a PhD on the procedure.
- Co-lead of the hip and knee fellowship programme in Oxford, responsible for training fully qualified orthopaedic surgeons to become hip and knee specialists.
- Qualifications: PhD FRCS(Tr&Orth) BM BSc(Hons)
- Hip Dysplasia Surgery Fellowship, Guy’s Hospital, London
- Hip and Knee Fellowship, Oxford
- Hip Fellowship, Bournemouth
- Northwest London Orthopaedic Training Programme.
- NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow
- Honorary researcher positions at the University of Oxford, Imperial College London and Bournemouth University.
- Published and presented extensively on hip and knee problems both in the UK and abroad.
- Specialist reviewer for Hip International and British Medical Journal.
- Current research projects include development of new hip and knee implants, patient specific guides for hip surgery, minimally invasive approaches for hip surgery, stem cell therapy for early hip arthritis, simulator based surgical training for knee replacement.