Mr Luke Jones
DPhil(Oxon), FRCS(Tr&Orth), MB BS, BSc(hons)
Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon
Luke is a Consultant Knee Surgeon practicing at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Road, London. He runs a high volume bespoke specialist knee practice that deals with all aspects of knee surgery from minor sports injuries to complex joint reconstructions. His patient centred, data driven approach means treatment plans are focussed on each patient’s individual needs.
Sports knee injuries, Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, Posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, Medial collateral ligament injuries, Lateral ligament complex injuries, Meniscal surgery, Early knee arthritis, Daycase unicompartmental knee replacement, Minimally invasive total knee replacement, Revision knee replacement, Robotic Knee Replacement Surgery.
- Central London Teaching Hospital Consultant
- Dedicated knee surgery practice
- Performs over 150 joint replacements and 200 arthroscopic knee procedures per year.
- Extensive experience of managing high level athletes.
- Key opinion leader in daycase unicompartmental knee replacement and minimally invasive knee replacement
- Qualifications: DPhil(Oxon) FRCS(Tr&Orth) USMLE MBBS BSC(hons)
- Luke read medicine in London, and then completed basic surgical training in London and Surrey.
- Commenced higher surgical training in Orthopaedics and Trauma on the Oxford Rotation in 2008.
- Luke undertook a PhD in Musculoskeletal Science at Oxford University from 2010 to 2013. His thesis, entitled “Early Knee Osteoarthritis, Symptoms and Structure”, had a particular a focus on the role of the meniscus in the development of osteoarthritis and determining the optimal timing of joint replacement.
- Luke is double Fellowship trained.
- Having completed the United States Medical Licensing Examination, he spent a year working on the Adult Joint Reconstruction Service, Stanford Healthcare, Stanford University, California, USA.
- This was followed with further fellowship training on the Sports Knee Service, Oxford University Hospitals, UK.
- Luke has a Full Rugby Blue from Oxford University.
- Luke is widely published in national and international journals and regularly lectures both in the UK and abroad, most recently in his capacity as a key opinion leader on day-case joint replacement surgery.
- His unicompartmental knee replacement practice at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital is a Visitation Centre of Excellence for Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
- He is a tutor for medical students at Imperial College School of Medicine.