Mr Chethan Jayadev
MA(Oxon) BMBCh DPhil(PhD) FRCS(Tr&Orth)
Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon
Chethan is a Consultant Knee Surgeon practicing at the world-renowned Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Stanmore, Spire Bushey Hospital and King Edward VII’s Hospital. His practice encompasses all aspects of knee surgery, from sports injuries and knee preservation to complex and redo joint replacements. He has a reputation as a thorough, meticulous surgeon offering patients a bespoke and personalised service. He is dedicated to providing the most up-to-date and evidence-based care. Chethan is a strong advocate of patient choice and always puts patients first
- Sports Knee Surgery – Arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery; Meniscal surgery including repair; Cruciate ligament reconstruction; Other knee ligament reconstruction; Treatment of cartilage injuries including stem cell therapy; Treatment of patella (kneecap) instability.
- Knee Preservation – Osteotomies around the knee; Cartilage surgery; Meniscal transplantation.
- Knee Reconstruction – Unicompartmental (partial) knee replacement; Primary, complex primary and revision (re-do) knee replacements; Robotic-assisted knee replacement surgery; Treatment of infected knee replacements.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in the Specialist Knee & Hip Unit at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore – the UK’s leading stand-alone specialist orthopaedic hospital.
- Provides a complete knee surgery service from sports injuries and knee preservation to complex and redo joint replacements.
- High-volume experience in primary, complex and redo surgery of the knee, including robotic-assisted surgery.
- Chethan read medicine at Oxford University (Magdalen College) and gained higher surgical training in Trauma & Orthopaedics on the Royal London Hospital Programme.
- He returned to Oxford University to undertake a DPhil (PhD), focussing on the biology of knee osteoarthritis.
- Chethan is triple Fellowship trained
- He completed a 1-year Adult Joint Reconstruction and Sports Knee Surgery fellowship at Gold Coast University Hospital in Queensland, Australia.
- On returning to the UK, he undertook two further specialist knee surgery fellowships at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford and the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, focusing on knee Reconstruction, preservation and sports Injuries.
- BA University of Oxford (Magdalen College), 1999
- BM BCh University of Oxford (Magdalen College), 2002
- MA (Oxon) University of Oxford (Magdalen College), 2009
- DPhil (PhD) University of Oxford (NDORMS), 2014
- FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons, England, 2015
- Chethan continues to engage in research with a focus on knee osteoarthritis, cartilage regeneration, kinematic alignment in primary knee replacement, and surgical technology and innovation.
- He is well-published in peer-review journals, co-authored several book chapters and continues to present at national and international conferences.
- Chethan enjoys training orthopaedic surgeons that rotate through Stanmore and regularly teaches at orthopaedic courses on topics ranging basic science, knee preservation and reconstruction, and sports knee surgery.